Founded in 2012 Philly’s Finest has been assisting athletes from South Eastern Pennsylvania improve their football and life skills. This unique opportunity started when a group of young men were turned away from playing a sport they had all grown up loving and playing. Those young men formed a team that has now developed into one of the top teams in the nation.
Our mission is to serve our community and youth by providing an environment that breeds competition in athletics and education. The goal is to bring out the competitor in each of our athletes so they can be successful and raise their competitive level in the classroom and on the field.
Philly's Finest chooses its members based on talent and positive attitude. Since its beginning in 2012 we have had 9 of our players chosen for the illustrious Big 33 All Star game. 95% of our roster have been All City, All League, and All State selections.
98% of our players move on to play football at the college level. We currently have players playing in the ACC, Big Ten, SEC,CAA, AAC, and the PSAC. The balance of our players are playing football at some of best preparatory schools and junior colleges in the nation.
The selection criteria is as follows:
1. Our scouting staff consists of 7 experienced coaches. The scouting staff has football experience on every level from high school to college. Our evaluation team attends regular season and playoff games throughout the state to determine what players to include in the selection process. We watch and evaluate all season long and then evaluate at an intense tryout.
2. Throughout the year we receive over 150 HUDL and YouTube links from potential athletes. We take the time to go through each link so we can identify the best talent.
3. Referrals from coaches, our veteran players, and certain media outlets are highly considered.
4. One of the most important criteria to become a member of our team is being a quality person that will accept coaching. We feel that sometimes that one bit can get lost and not easily evaluated in a huge tryout process. Once a player is chosen as a potential candidate, we conduct a brief phone interview to make certain that it will be a good fit for the player as well as the coaches.
5. No offensive, abusive, threatening, or insulting remarks/actions will be tolerated towards players, coaches, officials, or parents. We have a "zero tolerance" policy for these actions and any player guilty of these actions will be immediately dismissed from the team.